Yesss guys it's November 1st, that means it's officially okay to start the Christmas festivities! No one can judge you for doing Christmassy stuff as long as its after Halloween, am I right or am I right!?
All jokes aside though, this Baileys Cinnamon Iced Chocolate is THE epitome of a holiday drink. It's one of those things that when you take sip, you the feelsss. You know, like that nostalgic, comfy, happy feels that you feel during the Christmas season!
Baileys for us has such a Christmassy flavour. Everything about Baileys screams the holidays. Everything about cocoa drinks and cinnamon scream the holidays. All we had to do was put two and two together.
This drink is by no means a drink for the kids considering one of the main ingredients itself is an alcoholic beverage. This one is for the nostalgic adults who crave that comfy, rich, chocolatey drink that they used to have when they were kids, but with a naughty alcoholic twist of course!
But seriously though, we just put enough Baileys in this recipe to complement the iced chocolate and give it that rich, fragrant Baileys flavour without making the drink taste too alcohol-ey. Of course if you're into it you can add more Baileys if you like more alcohol in your drink. However, make sure to not put add too much since you'll end up only tasting the Baileys and not the iced chocolate!
We're obsessed with this drink now. You'll definitely see us making more and more of this at our home! It's so chocolatey, so fragrant from the cinnamon, so flavourful from the Baileys. It's perfect for the holidays!
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp granulated sugar or more, depending on sweetness of soy milk
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon powder
- 4 tbsp hot water
- 1 3/4 cups vanilla soy milk
- 6 tbsp Baileys
- whipped cream for topping
- In a measuring jug, combine the cocoa powder, granulated sugar, and cinnamon powder. Add hot water and mix well until smooth and the cocoa powder, granulated sugar, and cinnamon are well dissolved in the mixture.
- Add the vanilla soy milk and Baileys into the chocolate mixture and mix well. Refrigerate for 15-30 minutes.
- Fill up two cups with ice and pour the chocolate drink into each cup evenly. Top with whipped cream and more cocoa powder.