I love me some potatoes. If you noticed in our recipes, one of the most frequently used ingredients is potato. I can't help it, it's just too tempting. So when I come across this potato waffle dish online, I was definitely tempted to make some. And what's great about it is that you can use leftover mashed potatoes too! People usually eat this with sour cream, just like potato pancakes. But I don't always have sour cream lying around in my fridge, so I just ate it with some delicious hollandaise sauce. If you're interested, we posted a recipe for this sauce too! And it was so delicious! Like YUM! It's definitely a whole new twist on waffles. If you want to intrigue or impress your guests or friends with your cooking, you should try these out. They're relatively simple to make and the result is amazing. And you won't have to deal with frying and oil splattering all over the place. You can just put the batter in a waffle iron and wait for it to be golden brown, and it's ready! The result is a waffle with crispy edges, and a fluffy, moist, and soft interior. It's definitely got interesting textures! Now, obviously you would need a waffle iron to make this recipe. You could try to make potato pancakes by lightly panfrying them on the stove, but that's not the same thing. So, if you have a waffle iron or if you can get your hands on one, then you should try these delicious potato waffles!
- 2 large potatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2-1/2 tablespoons of chopped onion
- 1/3 cup of milk
- 1/2 cup of all purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- A pinch of nutmeg
- Salt and pepper to taste'
- To make mashed potatoes, peel of the potato skins and boil potatoes until soft. Mash potatoes with fork and set aside. In a pan, cook the chopped garlic and onions with the butter until soft. Pour the garlic-butter mix into the mashed potatoes. Add the milk, nutmeg, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add in the eggs and the all purpose flour into the mashed potatoes and mix well.
- Place about 2 heaping tablespoons of the batter onto a preheated waffle iron. Cook according to the waffle iron's instructions or for about 3 minutes at medium high heat until golden brown.