This easy sriracha ramen is the perfect recipe to whip up on a busy week night when you're craving something flavorful and satisfying. This recipe requires only a few ingredients that most people already have in their fridge!
Why we love this easy sriracha ramen
We love having to-go recipes on lazy, busy weekdays, and this is definitely one of those. It's perfect for when you don't have time, but are craving something flavorful and filling. This easy sriracha ramen is so versatile and can easily be modified to accommodate any diet. In our home, we always have packs of instant noodle just in case we are too tired to cake, but let's face it, it's also one of our greatest guilty pleasure. However, in this recipe, we toss away the seasoning packet full of MSG and create our own soup base instead.
More related recipes:
Inspiration behind the dish
We both grew up eating instant noodles from time to time as our parents were very busy and they knew we would always be happy to eat ramen soup. Although we would always use the seasoning pack, they always made sure to add nutritious toppings. As we grew older, we still get cravings for instant noodles but like to experiment on different types of broth. A random evening, during our Uni days, with nothing much in the fridge, Alvin made this delicious and easy sriracha ramen! You'll only need very simple and pantry-staple ingredients. Who doesn't have sriracha in their fridge nowadays?
Tips and tricks
- Any instant noodles will do the trick. This recipe is meant to be easy, quick and affordable, hence why we are using instant noodle packets. However, if you have fresh noodles on hand, feel free to use these instead!
- To add richness to the broth, we added unsweetened soy milk. If you want it to be a bit more creamy, you can add more according to your liking. But don't add too much, otherwise it will dilute the flavors of the broth! We decided to use soy milk since it makes the soup creamier but still keep it light. Use your milk of choice!
- The spiciness obviously comes from the Sriracha hot sauce, and feel free to adjust to your liking. The amount that we put in our recipe makes a soup that's about medium-high spicy,
Ramen consists of 3 main components: ramen noodles, broth and toppings. What is so fun about ramen is that you can customize it to your liking with your favorite toppings. Here's some popular ones:
- Ramen egg
- Nori (Roasted seaweed)
- Green onions
- Menma (fermented bamboo shoots)
- Garlic and sriracha will be the main flavoring seasoning for the broth. Sriracha can easily be found in any grocery store, but if you're feeling lazy, it's available online here.
- Chicken broth will be the base of your soup. For a vegetarian option, feel free to use vegetable or mushroom broth.
- Unsweetened soy milk will make the broth richer and creamier.
- Soy sauce adds a savory and umami note to the broth.
- Sesame oil is an essential for this soup and will make the flavor more complex by adding a nutty flavor.
- Canola oil for cooking.
- Instant ramen packet for the noodles. We like to use these one because the noodles are chewy and thick.
- Egg, green onions and corns are our toppings of choice.
Prep the broth seasoning. Heat canola oil in a pot over medium heat. Add the grated garlic and cook until fragrant and tender. Add the Sriracha hot sauce , soy sauce, and sesame oil and stir for about 1 minute.
Prep ramen broth. Add chicken broth to the pot and stir until well combined. Let simmer for about 2 minutes. Add the milk and let simmer for another 3 minutes.
Cook egg. While the broth is simmering, make a hard-boiled egg by boiling an egg for 7 minutes. Remove egg from heat and soak in ice cold water. Set aside.
Cook the instant ramen noodles according to the packaging's instruction and place in a bowl.
Assemble! Pour the spicy Sriracha broth over the noodles in the bowl and top with the eggs, corn, and green onions.
Easy Spicy & Creamy Garlic Sriracha Ramen Recipe
- 2 cloves garlic grated
- 2 1/2 tbsp Sriracha hot sauce
- 2 cups chicken broth or broth of your choice
- 1/6 cup unsweetened soy milk
- 1 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 packet instant ramen noodle sauce discarded
- 1 egg
- green onions chopped, for topping
- corn optional, for topping
- Heat canola oil in a pot over medium heat. Add the grated garlic and cook until fragrant and tender. Add the Sriracha hot sauce , soy sauce, and sesame oil and stir for about 1 minute.
- Add chicken broth to the pot and stir until well combined. Let simmer for about 2 minutes. Add the milk and let simmer for another 3 minutes.
- While the broth is simmering, make a hard-boiled egg by boiling an egg for 7 minutes. Remove egg from heat and soak in ice cold water. Set aside.
- Cook the instant ramen noodles according to the packaging's instruction and place in a bowl.
- Pour the spicy Sriracha broth over the noodles in the bowl and top with the eggs, corn, and green onions.
Easy. Tasty looking. Sriracha! YUM!