If you know me (Vero), you probably know about my sweet tooth. I love all cakes and pastries, and they are probably my biggest weakness. I always have room for dessert! Growing up, my mom's favourite thing to bake was Pound Cake, which is probably what started my obsessions with all rectangular shaped cake/bread, haha! Today, I'm sharing my favourite Banana Chocolate Chip bread recipe.
Honestly, the secret of a bomb banana bread is in the chocolate chips. You just have to put a lot!!! It is also Alvin's favourite part, so I am always very generous.
I usually bake my loaf bread for exactly 65 minutes, and it always comes out perfectly cooked. But if you're baking it for the first time, start checking at 55 minutes with a toothpick. If the toothpick comes out with batter on it, it's not ready.
For the bananas, I usually freeze them when we don't eat them on time. When time comes for a banana bread, I just unfreeze them in a bowl of water.
Don't forget to let your banana bread cool down for about 10 minutes before indulging in the most yummy banana bread!
- 3 Ripe Bananas
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 1/2 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 cup Flour
- 1 1/2 cup Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven at 350 F and line parchment paper on a 10X6 inch / 25cm x 15 cm rectangular baking pan.
- Mash all bananas with a fork, and whisk in the egg, sugar, vanilla and canola oil.
- Mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt together, and then incorporate in the wet mix.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter in the baking pan, and bake for about 65 minutes, or until cooked (Check by inserting tooth pick in the bread, there should be no batter on it and top should be golden). Let cool for 10 minutes.
Leave a Reply