We're definitely huge fans of avocados. From guacamoles to avocado toast, we can't get enough of it! The other day we were craving some creamy fettuccine but we didn't really want to make the usual alfredo sauce. Summer is here and to be honest alfredo sauce is not really the best for your summer body (unless it's your cheat day). I mean, once in a while some fettuccine alfredo is perfectly fine, but we wanted to make a pasta sauce that we would be able to eat on the regular and is still creamy without compromising our body goals (lol). And then an idea came to mind: why not use avocados? These babies are very rich and cream, and the fat that it contains is the good kind of fat that you need in your nutrition. We tried this recipe a couple of times and it was DELISH! The texture and creaminess of this sauce is basically the same as your regular white sauce or alfredo sauce. Best part of it is that this delicious creamy sauce is basically made of a fruit. So that's a major win-win!
An important thing to note is to use a food processor or a blender to make sure the avocado sauce is creamy and smooth. It is possible to do it with a spoon or fork, but it definitely takes more time and strength to make the sauce as creamy. Also, the beauty of this recipe is that you can pretty much modify the amounts for the ingredients according to your own taste easily. So if you're thinking of making this amazing, creamy, and healthy avocado cream sauce fettuccine, this recipe is for you!
- 1 avocado
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/2 cup of chopped mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons of chopped onions
- 1/2 lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- 1 teaspoon of green onions
- 100 grams of fettuccine
- Bring water to a boil and add a teaspoon of salt. Cook fettuccine for about 6-8 minutes or until cooked.
- On a skillet, heat olive oil at medium high heat and cook garlic and onions until tender. Add in the mushrooms and cook until mushrooms are soft. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a food processor, add the flesh of the avocado and lemon juice. Blend until smooth.
- Add the mushroom, garlic, and onion mixture into the smooth avocado sauce. Mix well and add red pepper flakes, salt and pepper to taste. If sauce is is too consistent, add a little bit of warm water gradually until sauce reaches the desired consistency.
- Mix the avocado sauce with the cooked fettuccine and mix well to eat. Top with green onions.