The chocolate-banana combination is always winner. And this bread pudding definitely shows off this delicious combination. Now, I like chocolate chip banana cake, but they're not my favourite. I often find them to be a bit on the dry side for my taste. But this bread pudding though. It has all the amazing flavours of a typical chocolate chip banana cake, but with a more gooey, moist texture. It's like bread soaked in custard with chocolate and banana flavours, and it was YUM! I'll definitely make one of these for dessert the next time we'll have people over. It's easy, it's delicious, it's perfect! In this recipe, I used dark chocolate instead of milk chocolate chips since I don't want it to be too sweet. But if you can get your hands on some semi-sweet chocolate chips then by all means you can use those. What I love about this dish is that it's so satisfying and mouthwatering, but it's not as heavy to eat. You can definitely enjoy these bread puddings without feeling too stuffed afterwards! So if you're into some delicious chocolate banana goodness, just follow this easy recipe for chocolate banana pudding!
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1/2 of ripe banana
- 1-1/2 tablespoon of unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup of chopped semi-sweet chocolate
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder
- Place the bread in a food processor and finely chop into crumbs. Transfer in a mixing bowl.
- Slice the banana and place in a food processor along with the milk until smooth. Add mixture into the mixing bowl and mix well with the bread crumbs.
- Add the egg, semi-sweet chocolate, sugar, baking powder and melted butter into the mix and mix well.
- Grease the interior of medium-sized ramekins and pour the mixture into each ramekin. The recipe should yield about 3 bread pudding ramekin.
- Bake for 40 minutes in an oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit or until the interior is not runny.