If anyone knows anything about us, they’d know that we’re huge potato lovers. Mashed, baked, fried, we love ’em all! But we always have a special spot for some delicious, crispy french fries. If we could eat that everyday, we probably would. But considering it is made by deep-frying potatoes, we always try to restrict ourselves from eating too much of it. But thankfully my french fries lovers, we have found a way to make these crispy, delicious treats more healthy. We baked them! Yes you read it well, we baked the fries instead of frying them. And the beauty about baking the fries with this recipe is that not only they are healthier, but they’re also still as crispy and taste as good. The exterior is so crispy while the centre is still incredibly tender, which makes for a perfect fries! And honestly, it’s easier to clean since you would only have to throw out the baking aluminum sheet. We’ll definitely keep making these baked fries at home since it fulfills out craving for french fries and we are able to enjoy them thoroughly without feeling too guilty about the fat and calories. And we also made a garlic mayo dipping sauce, which is our favourite. But you can dip them with anything you want, the world is your oyster! Follow these simple steps to make yourself some delicious, crispy, perfect baked fries!
- 2 medium size potatoes
- 2 tablespoons of oil (canola or vegetable)
- 1-2 teaspoons of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
For garlic mayo sauce:
- 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon of Sriracha sauce or hot sauce of your choice
- 1/2 teaspoon of chopped green onions
- Wash and peel off the potato skins. Cut potatoes into fries shape and place in a bowl of cold water for 5-10 minutes.
- Prepare a baking sheet using aluminum foil and cover the foil with 1 tablespoon of oil. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Drain the water and dry the potatoes using a kitchen towel or a paper towel.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the potatoes, 1 tablespoon of oil, garlic powder, salt, and cayenne pepper.
- Place the fries-shaped potatoes onto the baking sheet and bake in the oven for a total of 30 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy. The cook time will vary depending on your stove. If necessary, flip the fries after 20 minutes.
- For the spicy garlic mayo sauce, mix the mayonnaise and the Sriracha sauce with 1 clove of grated garlic. Garnish with green onions.