I’m honestly obsessed with Nutella. The other day I was just sitting around the house and being bored as usual, and I saw the jar of Nutella. In my mind, for a good 20 minutes, I was thinking of what I could make with that beautiful Nutella jar that’s staring at me. I mean, of course I can just spread it on bread or something, but that’s kinda boring isn’t it? I had to find something that was more indulging. So I browsed the good ol’ internet and I was inspired by a couple of recipes I found to make the most delicious Nutella Pie! And there’s no baking involved whatsoever, so yay for that! Not that I don’t like baking or anything, but it just makes the whole cooking process much easier! You do have to wait a good 3 hours for the pie to chill in the fridge before you can devour it though. But hey, I’m telling you it’s worth the wait! If you guys are down for some delicious Nutella Pie (I mean, who isn’t?) then check out our recipe below. And don’t forget to check out the short little video of the recipe we made too!
For pie crust:
- 6 sweet biscuits
- 1-1/2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
For pie filling:
- 2 tablespoons of corn starch
- 1-1/2 tablespoons of sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 1-1/2 cups of milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons of Nutella
- 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter
- To make pie crust, place sweet biscuits, butter, and cinnamon into food processor. Grind until crumbly and pour into a small to medium-sized container. Compact the pie crust crumbles onto the bottom of the container and set aside.
- To make filling, mix together in saucepan the corn starch, sugar, salt, milk and egg yolks. Stir over medium heat until thick. Add in the Nutella and the butter and mix well.
- Pour the pie filling onto the container with the pie crust in it and spread evenly. Chill in the fridge for at least 3 hours or until the pie filling is more firm.