Ahh pizza… There are no words to describe that satisfaction you get when you bite into a cheesy, savoury pizza with a crispy crust. We love pizza so much that we pretty much crave it every other day. We just can’t get enough of it! But we all know we can’t order pizza everyday (or can we?) and most of the time, we’re a teensy bit too lazy to make the pizza dough at home. But thankfully, we made a recent discovery that would make satisfying our pizza cravings that much easier. It’s called tortilla pizza! Now I know, I know, it’s far from being an authentic, Italian pizza. But hey, it’s a fusionized (I made that word up) version of pizza and it’s still pretty dang delicious! The recipe we’re sharing with you in this blog post is our garlic mushroom cheese tortilla pizza, because we loveee it. But you can put any kind of topping your tummy desires, be free my friends. We also have other topping recipes lined up for you guys, so stay tuned for our coming blog posts! But for now, let’s talk about this mushroom cheese pizza. We’re basically obsessed with mushrooms and garlic and we try to put them on anything and everything. So the idea of making a mushroom pizza is just natural. And don’t forget cheese. A lot of cheese. And the combination of garlic, mushroom, and ooey gooey cheese is honestly just… the bomb dot com. And by using tortillas as the crust, it makes making these pizzas so easy and it takes no time at all! We wrote below the simple steps and ingredients to make this lovely garlic mushroom tortilla pizza if you want to try it (why wouldn’t you :)). Now if you’ll excuse us, we’re gonna make a second batch of this pizza cause we just can’t help ourselves.
- 1 tortilla
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup of sliced white mushrooms
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 3 tablespoons of melted butter
- 1 tablespoon of chopped green onions
For pizza sauce:
- 1 ripe tomato chopped
- 1/2 clove of garlic
- 1 teaspoon of dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- To make the pizza sauce, cook the chopped garlic and olive oil over medium high heat. Once the garlic becomes more tender, add the chopped tomatoes and all other ingredients for the sauce. Let the sauce come to a boil, then reduce heat to medium. Cook until the sauce thickens and has a puree-like texture.
- Spread the pizza sauce evenly onto the tortilla. Add the sliced mushrooms.
- Grate the garlic and mix with the melted butter to make a garlic infused butter. Pour the mixture evenly on the pizza.
- Add the shredded mozzarella cheese and top with chopped green onions.
- Baked in the oven at 400 degrees F for 8-11 minutes or until edges are golden brown or crispy.