Since summer is coming along, we’ve decided to start eating healthier and cut down a lot on refined sugar. Stay tuned on upcoming healthier recipes, we’re trying to opt for a healthier lifestyle! However, the other day, we were craving chocolate chip cookies and decided to try this healthier recipe of the one we usually make.
Believe us, this Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies are A-MA-ZING! Crunchy on the outside but chewy and gooey on the inside, it would satisfy anyone’s dessert craving. We didn’t used any refined sugar but rather maple syrup. And good news, they are SO easy to make, you won’t believe it! They’re the ultimate delicious quick healthy dessert haha.Since we used only half a cup of maple syrup, we decided to make the cookie with milk chocolate to add a bit of sweetness. However, it was plenty of sugar and we would recommend using dark chocolate unless you like very sweet cookies.
We baked our cookies and when they were fresh out of the oven, we added some more chocolate chip on top so they look nicer!
1 cup quick oats
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 large egg
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup dark chocolate
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a medium bowl but make sure to spoon and level the whole wheat flour. Mix together the oats, whole wheat flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Melt the butter in another bowl and let it cool for a bit. Combine with the vanilla first, then the egg and the maple syrup.
- Put in the wet ingredient in the dry ingredients bowl. Mix together with a wooden spoon but don’t over do it.
- Put most your chocolate chip in the cookie dough and keep the other rest to put on top of the cookie when they’ll be right out of the oven.
- Rest in the fridge for about 30-45 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
- Make 2-inch cookie balls and put in on a tray with parchment paper.
- Cook for about 14-15 minutes or until it starts becoming lightly brown.
- Press down the rest of your chocolate chip on your cookies when they’re still warm so they look nicer!
- Enjoy with delicious almond milk!