For the last month we’ve been trying to eat healthier a.k.a. introducing oatmeal to our diet, because that’s what healthy fit people do right?!! Anywho… I was craving oatmeal cookies and was looking through the recipe we did back during summer and although it was delicious, I realized it wasn’t as healthy as I would like it to be.
I often see people post on Instagram their healthy pancake made out of bananas, so I wondered why couldn’t I make oatmeal cookies out of bananas?! Yes… I had my doubt but they actually turned out really yummy and they’re SO easy to prep! This has to be the easiest recipe I’ve done in my life. They’re perfect for breakfast, snack or dessert!
So here is how to make 10 cookies.
- 2 ripped bananas
- 1 cup of oatmeal
- topping of your choice (I used 2/3 cup of chocolate chips)
For the topping, I chose chocolate chips because I was craving it but to make it healthier you could use blueberries, dried fruits, nuts, etc. The options are endless!
- Heat your oven at 350 F°.
- In a bowl, mashed the bananas.
- Pour in the oatmeal and mix until the oatmeal is all covered.Let it sit for 5 minutes so that the oatmeal can soak in the mashed bananas.
- On a baking sheet, make 2 inch cookies about one inch apart from each other.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes or until golden brown
That’s it! You’re done. That was easy right?! Wait.. Did I make a gluten-free, sugar-free, vegan recipe? If I can, you can too! They’re SO easy and delicious!